Legislative Strengthening Program in Jordan
(2005 - 2010)
- Establishing a Parliamentary Budget Office as an Element of Good Governance
- Regional and International Legislative Organizations
- 2012 News Stories
- 2011 News Stories
- 2010 News Stories
- 2009 News Stories
- 2008 News Stories
- 2007 News Stories
- 2006 News Stories
- SUNY/Jordan Launches Its Series of "Public Policy Dialogues"
- SUNY/Jordan Participates in International Women's Day
- SUNY/CID Participates in United Nations University Course on Parliaments
- SUNY/Jordan Legislative Strengthening Program Holds Open House
- SUNY/Jordan Holds Second "Public Policy Dialogue" about Problem of Poverty
- SUNY Expands Ties in Jordan
- SUNY/Jordan Hosts Advocacy Skills Workshop for CSOs
- Jessica Phelan Wins Second Arthur J. Sist Development Fellowship in International Development to Work with the Jordanian Parliament
- Jordanian Permanent Representative to the UN Visits SUNY/CID
- SUNY/Jordan Parliament and Media Relations Seminar at the Dead Sea
- Jordanian Parliament's newly established Civil Society Organization (CSO) Unit
- General Secretariat of the Jordanian Lower House of Parliament Visits Dutch Parliament
- Study Tour to Australia for Jordanian Parliamentary Committee Secretaries
- 2005 News Stories
This five-year, USAID-funded program provided technical assistance, trainings, advisory services and procurement for the Parliament of Jordan.
The central objectives of this program were to assist the Parliament of Jordan in strengthening its legislative, budgetary, and oversight capacities; increase the institution's transparency and accountability; promote citizen participation in and improve the public understanding of Parliament.
Some of the program's achievements included:
- Creation of the Parliamentary Budget Office.
- Procurement and installation of an electronic voting and transcription system for the parliamentary chamber.
- Establishment of a Legislative Resource and Training Center.
- Enhancement of the institution's information technology (ICT) and communications strategies.
- Introduction of live web broadcasts of parliamentary sessions.
- Support for a new member orientation program.